Sometime in the last week or so, Amazon made a huge change to the Amazon Family diaper discount. Instead of getting 20% off a pack of diapers, you must subscribe to 5 or more items each month to get the diaper discount.
As I mentioned on my Facebook page, I am pretty disappointed about this change. This might be a deal breaker for some of you when it’s time to renew your Amazon Prime membership but I know quite a few of you are ready to adjust to the change.
If you want to subscribe to more items to get the diaper discount, here are your best options in the baby department. There are lots of household items you might also want to consider such as toilet paper, dish soap, laundry detergent and so on. (Don’t worry, you’ll still find a reason to go to Target!)
1. Diapers (20% off)
- Stock up! If there are hot deals, subscribe to multiple brands and sizes when prices are low. If you have 5 children in diapers, you’ll be set. (Sort of – that sounds hard)
- Order diapers and other items with a friend or two. One month they can order, and another month you can order. Teamwork!
NOTE: When I was playing around with my subscriptions to figure out the new system, I realized that you must subscribe to 5 different items! If you buy 5 boxes of Pampers Swaddlers size one diapers, that only counts as one item.
2. Baby Wipes (15% off)
If you’re anything like me, you go through a ton of baby wipes so this can easily be your second item each month. Here are the 3 boxes of wipes that are generally the lowest price. Since you’re subscribing to 5 items to get the 20% off diapers, you’ll automatically get 15% off wipes.
3. Baby Food (20% off)
If you aren’t making your own baby food (I did with my first, second not so much) then the new Amazon Family discount will get you 20% off baby food instead of 5%-15%.
- Check THIS page and THIS page for baby food coupons to save even more money
- My favorite brands are: Happy Baby, Ella’s Kitchen, and Plum Organics
4. Baby Care Items (15% off)
Baby care items need to be replenished somewhat frequently and are a great price on Amazon. Here are my faves!
- Burt’s Bees Baby Shampoo & Wash
- Burt’s Bees Baby Bee 100% Natural Diaper Rash Ointment
- Earth Mama Angel Baby items (like Bottom Balm or Calming Lavender Baby Lotion)
- Honest Calming Lavender Bubble Bath (there’s a $3.00 coupon right now!)
5. Baby Items Under $5 (15% Off)
Sometimes it might be worth it to tag on a couple of small items to get the 20% off your diapers. Hopefully, you can find something you’ll really use and like! I’ve rounded up some ideas for you.
TIP: If you go to the baby department, check the box next to “Subscribe and Save eligible”. Then go down and put a price range of $0-$5 to see what is currently available as prices change ALL the time! I’ve set up a link for you HERE although the system isn’t perfect and some non-baby items tend to sneak in.
- Little Remedies Noses Saline Spray/Drops
- Munchkin 36 Pack Arm and Hammer Pacifier Wipes OR Dapple Pacifier Wipes Food Grade
- Sprout Organic Quinoa Puffs Organic Baby Food Snack
- Sprout Curlz Organic Toddler Snacks
- Happy Baby Organic Greek Yogis Freeze-Dried Greek Yogurt and Fruit Snacks
- NUK Infant/Baby Tooth and Gum Toothpaste
6. Baby Gifts
If you know someone who is expecting, you could subscribe to a few baby items to throw into a gift basket.
What items do you subscribe to that will help you get 20% off diapers? Share your ideas in the comments!